Sloane Stephens Husband
Jozy Altidore, the MLS soccer player is the lucky guy married to player Sloane Stephens! Heard of her! Of course, you have this lovely and talented tennis player who at the age of 19 gained her first Grand Slam semi-final at the Australian Open 2013.
|Type||Gear Sloane Uses|
|Racquet||Head Speed MP|
|Strings||Solinco Confidential 16L/1.25 String|
|Grip||Head Prime Tour 30 Tennis Grip|
|Overgrip||Head Super Comp Overgrip|
|Shoe||NikeCourt Air Zoom|
|Bag||Head Tour Team 12R Tennis Bag Black and Orange|
|Dampener||Head Pro Dampener – Pink|
Born and raised in Plantation, Florida she currently resides in the sunny state, in Coral Springs, FL. She is a total catch, who wouldn’t want to date this beautiful, sassy, funny, and wise beyond her years kind of gal! She stands at 5 foot 7” with a great sense of humor she is addicted to twitter, tennis and believe it or not eating! Still managing to look pretty awesome in those colorful tennis outfits.
Sloane Stephens has been turning heads in the sport since 2011. She is a former world number three, and she won her first Grand Slam title with a defeat of countrywoman Madison Keys in the 2017 US Open final.
Stephens’ journey to the top began at age 9 when she was accepted into the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida. It was there that she honed her skills against some of the best players from around the world. She continued to climb up the ranks as a teen, winning several ITF singles titles and representing her country at Junior Fed Cup events.
In 2013, Stephens experienced one of her greatest successes when she reached the semifinals of that year’s Australian Open. She moved up to 11th in the world rankings after this impressive run before reaching even greater heights with her US Open win four years later. This victory made Sloane Stephens only the 6th American woman to be crowned a Grand Slam champion in singles action since 2000.
Despite being hampered by injury over recent years, Sloane Stephens remains one of the most consistent performers on tour today and is still capable of competing at the highest level. She has now represented her country at four Olympic Games and seven Fed Cup competitions, while her list of career accomplishments also includes 14 wins on the WTA tour and two ITF doubles titles.
As one of America’s most successful female tennis stars, Sloane Stephens continues to break boundaries for other aspiring athletes while inspiring young girls worldwide with her incredible determination and drive. Her determination has earned her both praise from fans and critics alike – including Colin Kaepernick who recently described Sloane as “a living legend” – showing just how far she has come since first stepping onto court almost twenty years ago.
Prior to Jozy, it was rumored that Sloane dated tennis player Jack Sock, it would seem Sock has been in Sloane’s box consistently, cute in a boyish college guy kind of way right! Sloane twitted a picture of him saying:
“look at this stud who was watching me practice tonight!! I’m glad my blanket was keeping him warm”
That’s really cute but that was a while back, are they just friends or something else?? Do you think they would make a good item?? They could certainly help each other on their game right.
- Sloane and Jozy have been friends for several years, but it was until 2017 that they decided to take things to the next level and try dating. He cheered for Sloane at the Rogers Cup at Aviva Centre on Aug. 11, 2017.
- Altidore was born Josmer Volmy Altidore on November 6, 1989, in Livingston, New Jersey to Haiti immigrants parents. His family later relocated to Boca Raton, Florida; where he played for several teams like the Boca Raton Juniors Soccer Club, Schulz Academy and Sunrise S.C and the U-17 National Team at the IMG Academy.
- Since he started playing in the MLS, Jozy has played with the New York Red Bulls; and more recently Toronto FC; he spent time abroad as well playing with Villareal, Xerez, Hull City, Bursaspor, AZ (Dutch team), and Sunderland.
- From 2015 to 2021, Jozy played with Toronto FC, for New England Revolution in 2022, and sent on a loan to Puebla.
- Sloane and Jozy got married on January 1, 2022. Jozy Altidore has one son, Cam, from a previous relationship.